Petrick & Mia have cast their magic spell over audiences the world over-from the showrooms of Las Vegas to the most prestigious stages in Europe. Winners of many of magic’s most celebrated awards, including the Dragon Award, FISM Special Award of Merit and the Academy of Magical Arts Award, Petrick & Mia’s special blend of magic, comedy, modern wizardry and originality have enchanted and amazed audiences for over 20 years. In this stimulating video series, Petrick & Mia perform their original magic creations for an enthusiastic audience and then take you backstage to meticulously explain the devilish and innovative workings of it all. You’ll marvel at the impact of Petrick & Mia’s magic and then you’ll be thrilled at how clever the thinking behind it all is and how simple it is to add these miracles to your own act. Whether you do stage, parlour or close-up work, you’ll love the magical artistry that is Petrick & Mia.
On this volume, Petrick & Mia perform and teach strong, commercial magic perfect for parlour or small platform shows.
- Card in the Wallet – The fairest looking version of this timeless classic – ever! A signed card travels into the confines of the performer’s wallet, which is retrieved from the pocket with absolutely empty hands.
- Laser Card – A high-tech card discovery! A laser pointer burns a hole in a selected card even though it’s in the middle of a cased pack.
- Coin Through Sheer Silk – Simple and elegant. A large coin visibly penetrates the center of a sheer scarf.
- Woo-Doo Card – A selected card is bent by a spectator and one at a time, its three mates in the deck are found bent as if in sympathy.
- Trapdoor Card in Glass – A signed card, secured in a rubber-banded case, escapes in a most mysterious fashion.
- Ring on the Rose – A borrowed finger ring is vanished in a flash of fire and reappears in another flash on the stem of a rose.
- Bang Card – A card revelation is combined with a classic comedy gag to produce a solid piece of magical entertainment.
- Ace on the Edge – The image of a selected card appears magically inscribed on the edges of a beveled deck.
- Credit Card in the Wallet – A borrowed credit card, shredded to pieces, is found restored in a zippered compartment in the performer’s wallet.
- Likes Attract – It begins as a silly experiment as a jumbo card is selected from a normal sized deck. Things get serious, however, as the jumbo card is freely inserted back into the deck and ends up next to its match.
- Quickest Color-Changing Card – After a series of serious and not-so-serious shuffles, the indifferent face card changes into the spectator’s selection instantaneously.
- Vanishing Banknote – A borrowed bill visibly disappears at the performer’s fingertips.
- Vanishing Queen – A spectator selects a Queen and the performer causes it to vanish. The card is still there – just the Queen disappears and ends up in the performer’s pocket.