Do you want to make a living doing magic? If so, first read this book. If you want to earn $50,000 – $100,00 doing magic – This Book Tells You How! What would you pay for a wealth of knowledge that would save you YEARS of trial-and-error?
Read this book, and you will acquire a masters’ degree… It’s ALL here – more “real” secrets then you could ever imagine. The most definitive book on the subject is available NOW! This book will open your mind with respect to the theory approach to making your magic better.
Whether you want to become a full-time professional magician, or whether you just want to add the “Wow Factor” to the magic you already do, this book can help. It will definitively answer the question of how to make YOUR magic better.
Whatever your level and whatever style of magic you do, from strolling closeup to stage illusion shows, following the advice and exercises in this book will simply make you better at what you do.
It will give you practical, step-by-step lists to work through which will:
- Prepare you by helping you assess the level of professional status that you want to/can achieve.
- Give you a real-world appreciation, pros & cons involved in switching from your day job to professional magic.
- Help you weed out the tricks that don’t work for you and remove distractions on your path to success.
- Give you a greater understanding of why certain tricks are better for you than others.
- Finally solve the puzzle-What is a “commercial” trick? Use the book’s “Commercial Index” to find out.
- Help you to really understand each trick that you do and to make it relatable to any audience.
- The “Four Ps” system will help you precisely structure each trick to maximise its effect on your audience.
- Help you build professional routines, acts and shows designed for today’s commercial environments, using dramatic and theatrical techniques to bring your magic to life.
- How to develop a commercial persona to enhance EVERY show you do and how to really engage modern audiences.
- How to “modularise” your shows to cater for a wide range of environments and audiences with just one or two core acts.
- How to develop and routine a back-up act in case your show gets lost in transit, including a real-world professional example.
- Professional practice and rehearsal techniques.
- Ideas on marketing, freight, lighting, sound, insurance and other non-magic professional accoutrements.
All of this is achieved with ultra-practical lists that literally take you step-by-step towards your professional magic goal, be it full-time, part-time, amateur or anything in between.
If this isn’t enough, you will also get access to free spreadsheet and database templates for Microsoft Office products that will help you at every stage of your journey. These are downloaded from our specially pass-worded website.
Written by a professional for magicians who are really committed to making ever trick they do count. Whether you’re just an amateur wanting to boost your tricks’ impacts or a part-time or aspiring professional wanting to take your career to the next level, this book is a revolutionary system for making your magic better-for you, your audiences and magic in general.
Back Cover Blurb:
If you want to make your magic better, or even break into full-time professional magic, this book will help. It starts by asking a simple question: What is the ONE thing you could change that will make your magic better?
You’ll find the answer inside and it may surprise you! Then it gives you practical, step-by step lists to help you become a better magician. You’ll learn:
- How to decide whether you have what it takes to be a professional magician.
- How much to charge for your services.
- How to decide whether a trick is truly “commercial” for YOU!
- How to play with a trick’s structure to strengthen its effect and presentation.
- How to professionally routine a trick or sequence.
- How to create engaging and contemporary presentations for each trick you do.
- How to construct professional acts and shows.
- Real-world professional experience to save you time, money and stress!
- And much more …
It may be the most important magic book you ever read. The Real Secrets of Professional Magic can be all yours-just open the book!
Adam Milgate understands that the “art” of magic can get lost in the tricks we do. He has magnificently tackled my favorite area of our art: the performance. He digs deep into every facet of magic as he explores the time in development, in practice and on the stage. His work will provide you with the tools you need to move onward and upward in our craft.
Joseph A. Curcillo – Author of Performance on Trial: The Case for Better Entertainment
Adam walks the talk, and over the years has used everything in this book to achieve his goals. Real Secrets is essential reading for anyone who wants to become a better entertainer. Your career will progress much more quickly if you study, and make use of, the wisdom in this book. This book, coupled with determination and hard work, will set you on the path to success. – Richard Webster
ADAM MILGATE has had a busy 35 years in magic since his first professional show. He is a magic generalist, doing everything from closeup to illusions, mentalism, puppetry and even tarot reading! He trained and worked as an actor on stage, TV, film and radio for many years before embarking on a parallel career in advertising and communications. He has worked every magic gig imaginable from glittering gala dinners to his own full theatrical evening shows, as well as children’s birthdays and hundreds of private and corporate parties.