Eight mentalism effects, four magic routines, three marketing essays, and 11 humorous vignettes. 181 pages. Hardbound book with dust jacketForeword by John Bannon
Found in Trifecta are both close-up and stage effects that are among the author’s favorites over a 30 year performing career. You will learn:
- Dick’s award-winning close-up effect “Clued In” based on the popular board game of Clue. This effect requires the gathering of a few props, but a laminated “mansion card” is included with this book to help the reader get started towards performing this terrific routine.
- The secrets behind “Top 40 Mentalism” which is Dick’s closer for his stage mentalism show. This is Dick’s signature piece.
- A surefire way to personalize magic for your clients. “Customized Serendipity” is Dick’s favorite method and is explained in detail with 20 photos.
- How to set up a marketing system to ensure a steady stream of bookings within six months using a “suspense file.”
- Presentations (original patter) for three classic magic effects.
And much more!
- Page One Headline Prediction
- Top 40 Mentalism
- Top of the Charts Mentalism
- Corporate Executive Impersonation
- Word Perfect
- Answering the Personals
- The Plaque
- Customized Serendipity
- Presentations For Three Classic Effects
- Famous Couples Deck
- Photo Finish Revisited
- Planning Ahead
- Going The Extra Mile
PRAISE FOR TRIFECTA
“I really enjoyed Trifecta…Dick has shared some of his best secrets and not all of them are tricks. This book gets my highest recommendation.”- Marc DeSouza (review in March 2020 MUM)
“Dick is a one-of-a-kind. Learning his routines will offer a glimpse as to how a working professional who cares about uniqueness and originality, as well as truly connecting with his audiences, puts it all together.” –Alain Nu
“It’s rare today to find a book chock full of terrific routines that come directly from a professional’s working repertoire. Strong impactful effects, outstanding business advice, and a series of wonderful stories from an illustrious career. It’s all right here. I love this book!” – Jon Stetson
“I could not put down Trifecta. No filler material. All of the effects are workable, commercial, and highly entertaining. And the marketing tips are seriously good.” – Jeff Evason
“Trifecta has solid, well thought out routines that you can take to the bank. Dick’s ideas on performance and marketing are pure gold.” – Christian and Katalina
“Excellent book! Dick’s creativity and humor are highlighted in Trifecta. – Bob Sheets
“Dick and I have spent a lot of time talking about marketing over the years. His ideas and suggestions are based on real techniques that will work for you!” – David Corsaro
“Dick’s Top 40 Mentalism routine is the best act I have ever seen over many years of attending the annual Psychic Entertainers Association convention.” – Roy Schubert
“Dick is a worker. His ideas aren’t theoretical. They have all been tested in the real world in front of paying audiences. As a result, when he writes a book, it is surely worth buying and studying.” – Ken Weber
“Trifecta is in a class by itself. This is a must read for every mentalist and magician.” – Marc Salem
“Trifecta was a pleasure to read. I particularly liked Clued In, Top 40 Mentalism, The Plaque, and Customized Serendipity. I like the way Dick customizes and personalizes much of his magic for his clients.” – Matt Baker